Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Who Are You Hanging Out With?


Nothing to do with post, just the view from my window.

Yesterday, I had the privilege of hanging out in beautiful San Diego with church planting leaders in the Assemblies of God. These people have an incredible passion for starting new faith communities around the United States. Even better, I get another day with these folks. My roommate even took me on my first Geo-cashing quest. We found 4 cashes (I guess that's what you call it). 

I love learning from leaders who are doing something beyond themselves. It stretches my thinking and searches my soul. They bring me back to what's really important and challenge me to think on higher levels.

For example, last night, I ate with an old friend of mine, Terry Broadwater. He now pastors in Colorado. We have known each other for years, pastoring in neighboring communities a long time ago. Our paths have taken us to different places, but we both are now pastoring again. This guy loves to see people grow in Jesus. We shared some stories about our churches and found our situations are very similar, although his context is a little larger. Web site: Grace Community Church

We talked leadership structure, renovations, life groups, staffing, technology, connecting, app developing, etc. So many new ideas... So many new thoughts... So many changes to come. I love it! I can't wait to get home.

And... I get another day of being around these great leaders. Our conversations will revolve around coaching for church planters and how we can support the vision of establishing new churches. Furthermore, I will get to meet one of my distant heroes, but I can't tell you who just yet.

So, who are you hanging out with? Are they helping you grow? Are they challenging you?

Just asking.

Keith

 

No comments: