Saturday, May 07, 2011

My Four Girls

Yesterday, I watched as Stephanie received her diploma from Evangel University. She graduated summa cum laude, meaning "the highest praise." Not long ago, she was a child - I blinked - now she is an adult. She is now off to tour the West Coast with the Evangel Orchestra. To say I am proud of her is an understatement.
All my girls have made me proud. They each have completely different personalities and keep Esther and I moving - ok, mostly Esther. Yesterday, we could not decide where to eat so we drove around Springfield, MO for 45 minutes until we wound up at McAlisters, which makes some incredible iced tea (I wanted to stop and ride go-carts, but only Melanie wanted to participate). We ended the evening at Braum's Ice Cream & Dairy, which finally won out over Andy's. It was a day spent in laughter and silliness.
I am humbled to have four girls that love Jesus and have a healthy and biblical view of life. I am also glad that my girls love being pastors kids. Our prayers have always been that the ministry would not turn them away from church or their faith.
It's going to be a wonderful summer with all four girls home. We will be packing up our house in Maryland and moving to Virginia, so I am sure there will be several family meals, a few tears and certainly there will be many times of laughter.
Loving Dadhood,
Keith

No comments: