Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Today's Thought: Remember, Repent, Return

Read: Joel 2:12-17; Revelation 2:1-7

These are some of the “not so fun” passages in scripture. They call for action and change. As you read them, listen to the voice of the writers. Feel what they are feeling. Can you sense the urgency in their voice? They are sounding an alarm.

Call To Remember
Ask: What was my life like when I first received Christ? How did I act and feel? What was my prayer life like? 

Call to Repent
Ask: What does God mean when He said, “Rend your heart and not your garment?”

Call to Return 
Ask: What areas of my life do I need to change? What are the consequences of continuing in sin?

My Prayer:
Lord, help me to recognize the areas of my life that are not pleasing to you and give me the courage and power to change. In Jesus name, I receive your forgiveness. 

Worship:
Take a couple of minutes and listen to Micah Stampley sing “Holiness”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vNPcmLzlvI

No comments: