Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Defining Reality Without Being Held Hostage

Part of leadership is defining the realities. Visionary leadership defines reality without being held hostage to it.
No one has to remind me that there are giants in the land and we look like grasshoppers in their sight, and no one has to remind me that the cost of growing a church is far greater than our abilities and resources. I know these things full well. I see the reports, the numbers, the deposits and the expenses.
No...what I need is:
A reminder of God's provision. I have too much history of God's provision to let one season of difficulty discourage me.
A reminder of God's power. Nothing is to difficult for Him.
A reminder of God's promises. They are "yes" and "amen."
A reminder of God's presence. If He is for us, no one can stand against us.
A reminder of God's Word - which reminds me of all those things I need to remember.
I know the realities, I see them clearly. What I need is to see God more closely.

No comments: