Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 Prayer List

I have been thinking a lot about 2011 and what it holds for those who are followers of Jesus. To that end, I am developing my prayer list. Of course my prayers always include my family, God's favor, wisdom, The Church and missions. But maybe there is something more - something that God is specifically pointing at that I need to pay attention to. Here is what I have so far:

1. That I will have a heightened sense of God's presence in my life. I know He is with me always, but I would like to be even more aware of his presence and activity in and around my life. I pray this also for our church. When we meet together, I pray we remember the reason why.

2. That my life will bring glory to God - every part. That means some things will have to change. Reading the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer has caused me to think about who I am really living for.

3. Pastor George Raduano confirmed this one in his sermon yesterday. That I will live a generous life. This includes relationships, finances and service.

I am sure my list will expand as the year progresses, but for now, this should keep my occupied.

How about you? What is on your prayer list?

No comments: