Sunday, April 24, 2011

What a Celebration

I am reading the many tweets from pastors around the country celebrating how many they had in attendance and how many were baptized and converted. There is no doubt that souls are being drawn to the Savior and that God's spirit is moving in great ways.  I am excited about the Kingdom.

I love to see the Body of Christ come together and move forward with the work of redemption. Today at Centerpointe, the church came together for worship and then celebrated with a community outreach. From what I can tell, we had over 100 guests for the service and hundreds more that came from the community for our after service outreach event. I watched as many families which live close to the church walk up to join us.

I am proud of our pastors, volunteers and church family. They worked so hard to make this incredible day come together, and they treated everyone like an honored guest. 

My favorite part of the day was during the worship time. We baptized three people and several others made commitments to become Jesus followers. It really is why we do what we do - share the gospel the best way we know how and pray that people will respond.

I expect there will be many more days like today.

No comments: