I have been the recipient of overwhelming generosity throughout my life. Here is a list of some personal observations about generous people:
- Generous people are grateful people. They have an acute understanding that everything they have has been given to them by God.
- Generous people are not always wealthy people. Wealth has nothing to do with generosity. See npr story for an interesting article.
- Generous people don’t need special recognition for their generosity.
- Generous people are attractive in personality, and they inspire others to be generous.
- Generous people don’t spend time complaining about things they don’t like.
- Generous people have no regrets. There are no strings attached and they don’t keep score.
- Generous people don’t wait for “someday” to be generous. Instead of talking about making a difference, they respond quickly.
- Generous people end life well. Those who think they got a raw deal in life, end up with resentment; but those who live with gratitude end life with a deep sense of the amazing grace that surrounds them.