Wednesday, January 30, 2019

EXPERIENCE THE WORKS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

Thought:
Life is full of challenges. We can count on that. The good news is that we can rely on someone who can help us, and sometimes carry us through life’s ups and downs: the Holy Spirit, which resides in every follower of Jesus. It is empowering to occasionally review just precisely what the Holy Spirit does so we can boldly face life. Scripture gives us clear job descriptions of The Holy Spirit. Below is a list with scriptural references.

As you read through this list, reflect on the times in which the Holy Spirit worked in each area. For example, as a pastor, one of my daily prayers is for wisdom. Many things come up that I am ill-equipped to handle on my own. Some decisions impact people’s lives, and I want to make sure I am not operating in my strength and understanding. I know that many times, the Holy Spirit gave me insight into a situation when I was stuck.

Writing this devotional is another example. I thought I would be able to whip these out without a problem. I had collected my notes all year, but when I started writing, I found myself overwhelmed with the task. I had no idea of the time it took to write three paragraphs for each day.  If it had not been for the Holy Spirit’s guidance, you would not be reading this today. 

The Works of the Holy Spirit with Scripture Reference:
1.           The Spirit raised Jesus from the dead. 1 Peter 3:18
2.          The Spirit calls us to God. Revelation 22:17
3.          The Spirit convicts us of sin. John 16:8-11
4.          The Spirit sanctifies us. 1 Corinthians 6:11
5.          The Spirit testifies to Jesus. 1 John 4:13; Hebrews 10:15
6.          The Spirit gives us new life. Ephesians 2:1-5
7.           The Spirit leads us into a deeper relationship with God. Titus 3:5
8.          The Spirit leads us away from worldly desires. Romans 8:5
9.          The Spirit resides within us. 1 Corinthians 6:19
10.      The Spirit seals our salvation.  Ephesians 1:13,14; 4:30
11.       The Spirit guides us. Acts 13:2; 16:6
12.      The Spirit prompts us in worship. Luke 10:21
13.      The Spirit empowers us to witness. Acts 1:8
14.      The Spirit helps us pray. Romans 8:26; 1 Corinthians 2:10-14; Ephesians 6:17,18
15.      The Spirit teaches us. John 14:26.
16.      The Spirit leads us into truth. John 15:26; 1 John 4:6
17.       The Spirit comforts us. John 16:7
18.      The Spirit transforms us. 1 Corinthians 6:11
19.      The Spirit helps us remember God’s word. John 14:26
20.     The Spirit helps us lead a godly life. Galatians 5:22-23
21.      The Spirit gives us spiritual gifts. 1 Corinthians 12:4-7
22.     The Spirit speaks to The Church. Revelation 2
23.     The Spirit works to unite believers. Philippians 2:1-2; Ephesians 4:3
24.     The Spirit gives us strength. Ephesians 3:16
25.     The Spirit gives wisdom and revelation. Ephesians 1:17
26.     The Spirit gives us a new prayer language. 1 Corinthians 14:2, 14-16
27.      The Spirit gives us spiritual gifts for the Church. 1 Corinthians 12
28.     The Spirit produces fruit in us. Galatians 5:22






No comments: