To be resolved is about character. For examples:
- We should be people resolved to be a person after God’s own heart
- We should be people resolved to be a person of integrity
- We should be people resolved to be godly parents, leaders, friends, etc.
Being resolved sets up a belief system or value system which then gives our short-term goals have purpose and meaning. For Examples:
- I am resolved to be a man of The Word, therefore I will spend 5/15/30/60 minutes each day reading ad meditating on the Bible
- I am resolved to be a Godly husband, therefore I will pray with my wife each day
- Centerpointe Church is resolved be a church of prayer and unity, therefore we will spend the first full week of the year fasting and praying
- Centerpointe Church is resolved to be a church where spiritual growth and authentic relationships happen, therefore we will create space for those things to happen (example physical space and calendar space)
So don't simply make resolutions - be RESOLVED!