Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Peace in the Storm


This is by far my favorite picture when I think about the passage from the text in Isaiah that says, "Thou will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed upon thee, because they they trust in you" (26:3).

My daughter, Melanie, and I made this birdhouse years ago. It was built, not to take the winter snowstorms away, but to give the birds a place of shelter within the storm.

It reminds me that in life, no one is immune to storms, tears, troubles, or fears. But in the midst of the storm there is a promise of peace we can hold on to: presence of Jesus.

Jesus brings peace right into the center of our hurt and frantic striving. He can cease the noise, calm the storm, and surround our hearts with a sense of peace. He is indeed the Prince of Peace.

This Christmas, take time to be reminded of His promised peace. 

When we have peace with God, we can experience the peace of God.





No comments: